THE “YAMAHA “KEYS TO THE JUNOS” SONGWRITING CONTEST” OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS (“RULES”)
This contest is only open to residents of Canada (Excluding Quebec) and is governed by Canadian law.
No purchase necessary:
Yamaha “Keys to the JUNOS” Songwriting Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Yamaha Canada Music Ltd. (the “Sponsor”). CARAS is a prize provider of JUNO Award® event related prizing only, is not a Contest Sponsor and is not responsible for the operation or administration of this Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Contest, you must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec), be at least 13 years of age or older at time of entry and not be an employee of the Sponsor, its affiliated companies or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies, its media sponsors, CARAS, or the third parties engaged by the Sponsor to assist it in administering the Contest or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner and/or spouse. Contestants under the age of majority must have parental consent prior to entering the Contest, and must prove parental consent before the Prize will be awarded. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Between January 6th, 2017 and February 28th, 2017 (the “Contest Period”) Yamaha Canada will gather eligible video entries and embed them to the contest site, “www.yamahakeystothejunos.ca”. Entries will be judged by a panel of Yamaha Canada Music Experts including Yamaha Artists and Employees, with First, Second, and Third place recipients announced on March 17th, 2017.
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
(A) To enter the Contest, create and upload an original video post on YouTube of your band, group, or yourself performing your original composition live, with the tag “yamahakeystothejunos”.
(B) Once your video has been uploaded and tagged, you must visit the Contest website (yamahakeystothejunos.ca) to complete and submit the official entry form.
(D) You must complete the online form and clearly name all performers in the band, group, or video up to a total of (6) members for every member to be eligible to receive the final prizing.
(E) The uploaded video along with the completed online form comprise an official entry. No other entry method will be accepted. By entering your video performance and submitting the form at yamahakeystothejunos.ca, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the contest.
- COMMENT FORMAT AND CONTENT:
(A) Limit of one (1) entry per performing group (band, group, or solo act). Anyone found to use fake or multiple accounts to enter the Contest will be ineligible to participate in the Contest. Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification from the Contest. In the event an entrant responds with inappropriate content, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, he or she will be disqualified from the Contest. Anyone found “spamming” by posting multiple unrelated comments or pictures that are unrelated to the Contest or by sending large numbers of duplicate comments or videos unrelated to the Contest will be disqualified from the Contest. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the YouTube account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned a YouTube account by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning YouTube accounts for the domain associated with the submitted YouTube account. The selected entrant(s) may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the YouTube account associated with the selected entry name change. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Rules.
(B) Must be in English or French
(C) Must contain the video tag “yamahakeystothejunos”
(D) Must contain the names of all performers involved in the performing group, up to a total of (6) performing members.
(E) Must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain any offensive, obscene, immoral or illegal depictions.
(F) Must be intended for family audience viewing and contain only content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, is suitable for all persons, including persons under the age of 13.
(G) Must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain any nude, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content; including, but not limited to, crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behavior or conduct (including but not limited to the use of alcohol or drugs); personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic).
(H) Must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the entrant)
(I) Must not contain any third party trademarks or logos
(J) Must not violate any law
(K) Entrant represents and warrants that their video, performance and song are wholly original to entrant, that entrant owns or control all right, title and interest in and to the video, performance and song, that they have the authority to use the video, performance and song for the purposes of this contest and posting the video to YouTube, and for the purposes of granting to Sponsor the right to use the video, performance and song as set out in these rules, and that no further permissions or payments are required for the use of the video, performance and song by entrant, or by Sponsor for the purposes set out in these Rules.
There will be three (3) Prizes available to be won during the Contest (each “the Prize”). The Prize available to be won during the Contest Period are as follows:
First Place: (3) Yamaha Band Prize Packs selected by the group, valued at approx. $5000.00 each, up to (6) tickets to the 2017 JUNO Awards Broadcast, Red Carpet Audience, JUNO Fan Fare autograph session, and JUNO Songwriters’ Circle, as well as hotel accommodations of up to 3 rooms double occupancy, and applicable airfare. Yamaha Band Prize Packs have been pre-determined by Yamaha Canada Product Specialists. Valued at approx. $30,000.00 MSRP (excluding JUNO Fan Fare wristbands and Red Carpet Audience passes, which are not available for sale and therefore have no associated retail value).
Second Place: (2) Yamaha Band Prize Packs selected by the group, valued at approx. $5000.00 each, and (2) tickets to the JUNO Songwriters’ Circle. Yamaha Band Prize Packs have been pre-determined by Yamaha Canada Product Specialists. Valued at approx. $10,100.00 MSRP.
Third Place: (1) Yamaha Band Prize Pack selected by the group, valued at approx. $5000.00, and (2) tickets to the JUNO Songwriters’ Circle. Yamaha Band Prize Packs have been pre-determined by Yamaha Canada Product Specialists. Valued at approx. $5100.00 MSRP.
An entrant may only win one Prize during the Contest Period.
Prize winners must abide by any rules or requirements of CARAS and/or the event venues for attendance at the 2016 JUNO Awards broadcast, JUNO Fan Fare, JUNO Songwriters’ Circle and Red Carpet Audience events. JUNO Week 2017 events are scheduled to take place between the dates of March 28 – April 3, 2017 in Ottawa, Ontario with the 2017 JUNO Awards broadcast scheduled to occur on Sunday, April 3rd, 2017. For details about the dates and times of the relevant JUNO Week events, please see the junowards.ca website.
If the Prize Winner’s residence is less than sixty kilometers (60 km) outside of the city of Ottawa, Ontario the flight portion will not form part of the Prize. Prize winner and his/her traveling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including, without limitation, as applicable, taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, ground transportation, meals and beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance, any required travel documentation, all personal expenses of any kind or nature, and any overnight layover. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. The Prize winners are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point as the Prize originates and terminates there. It is the sole responsibility of the Prize winners to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements, as applicable. The Prize winners must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion and authority, failing which the Prize will be forfeited. It is recommended that the Prize winner and his/her traveling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution, or will be forfeited. The Prize is not transferable, not assignable, not for resale and has no cash surrender value (in whole or in part). Fulfillment of Prize is based on availability and the Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that the Prize cannot be awarded as described, in whole or in part, for any reason, to substitute another prize of equal or greater value, without liability. Prize includes delivery to one location in Canada. No financial compensation will be made or required if actual prize value is lower than the total value quoted in these rules. Each selected entrant must confirm eligibility to enter the Contest as described in Section #1.
- WINNER SELECTION:
PRIZES: Entries will be judged by an independent judging organization, from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Each selected entrant must confirm eligibility to enter the Contest as described in Section #1. On or before March 17th, 2017, the judging organization will select one (1) potential winner for each of the three (3) prizes, from among all the eligible entries, based on the following criteria:
Creativity, Originality, Lyrics (excludes songs that do not have lyrics), Melody, Arrangement, Overall Likeability, and Performance/Entertainment Value, all weighted equally.
Chances of winning a prize are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received in each tier during the Contest Period and the evaluation of the judges. An entrant may only win one Prize during the Contest Period.
- AWARDING OF THE PRIZE: The Sponsor will attempt to contact the selected entrant by the email provided on the entry form within 24 hours of being selected to confirm identity. A declaration and release form (the “Release Form”) will be issued for completion by the selected entrant in order to confirm that entrant has abided by all the Rules. If the selected entrant (a) does not respond to the private message within two (2) business days of notification, or (B) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see Section 8), or (C) his/her identity and/or confirmation that he/she is the Authorized account holder of the YouTube account associated with the entry cannot be proven to the satisfaction of Sponsor, then he/she, and by extension, their performing group, will be disqualified and another entrant will be selected by the same process until such time as a winner is declared or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
- All members of the selected groups will be required to sign a Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”) confirming compliance with the Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing the Sponsor, its dealers, agents, CARAS, their affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the operation of this Contest, and awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize. The Prize winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse, or redemption of the Prize and from and against any and all claims. The Release Form must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize may be forfeited. Upon receipt, Sponsor, or its representative, will inform the winner of details related to how the winner will receive the Prize.
- The Releasees shall not be liable for any damages caused or alleged to be caused by or resulting from any entry, Prize or other correspondence or data that is lost, stolen, late, garbled, distorted, delayed, damaged or misdirected for any reason, including but not limited to: (i) any failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay; (ii) any e-mail, text or other communication sent or received to or from the Sponsor or any of its agents or designees, for any reason; (iii) for any incorrect, untimely or inaccurate information, whether caused by the website where this Contest was featured, users or by equipment or programming errors associated with or utilized in the Contest; (iv) any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of any entry or entries in the Contest; for problems with the function of any website or website feature, howsoever caused; (v) the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data, software, online systems, servers or access providers; (vi) any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (vii) for traffic congestion on the Internet; (viii) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; (ix) breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or for any damage caused to or incurred by any entrant or any other person by reason of any such event or occurrence; or (x) technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus, worm or Trojan Horse damage or any other damage which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
- By entering the Contest and uploading their video, winners hereby grant to the Sponsor the unlimited right (but not the obligation) to publish, exhibit and use, without payment or other compensation and without notice, consent or approval, his/her name, photograph and likeness, video entry, address (city/town, province or territory), voice, performance and song as embodied in the video, and the whole or part of any statement or statements he/she has made or makes about the Contest, Prize awarded in any publicity, program or advertising, without geographic limit and in perpetuity, in any medium now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, the Internet), and hereby consents unconditionally to any such publication or use without further notice, consent, approval or compensation. This right includes without limitation the right of Sponsor to embed, exhibit and/or reproduce each winner’s video on Sponsor’s yamahakeystothejunos.ca website without further compensation or royalties payable by Sponsor. Winners hereby waive their moral rights in their entry, video, song and performance in favour of Sponsor.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual that it finds to be violating these Rules or tampering with the entry process. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse an entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter. Any attempt by anyone to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is in violation of criminal and civil laws and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other legal remedy to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest, suspend the Contest or to amend these Rules at any time without notice if any factor interferes with the proper conduct of the Contest as contemplated by these official Rules. The Sponsor is not responsible for printing, distribution or production errors. Entry material/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. The use of an invalid email address and/or invalid or fraudulent use of a YouTube account will disqualify the entry. Users spamming the same email address will disqualify the entry.
- In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder (defined above in paragraph 4) the YouTube account that is associated with the submitted entry. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the YouTube account and its corresponding email address at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the YouTube account and/or email address. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the contest server machine(s), namely the date of upload as determined by YouTube.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest or change these Rules for any reason, at any time, at its sole discretion, without notice to entrants, including but not limited to lack of entrants, a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupting the security or proper administration of the Contest.
- All entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor. By submitting their entry, entrants grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use their video, their performance and their song as embodied in the video, for the purposes set out in these rules, including but not limited to the right to embed, reproduce or exhibit the video on Sponsor’s yamahakeystothejunos.ca website without payment of further compensation or royalties. The videos and songs will remain the intellectual property of the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into, except with the selected entrants. The Contest is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. This Contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND IS EXPRESSLY NOT OPEN TO PARTICIPATION BY RESIDENTS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN CANADA.
- Trademarks and Product Names.Yamaha Canada Music Ltd. or its affiliates have the sole and entire right, title and interest in the YAMAHA name and trademarks, and that no other party or entity shall acquire any rights whatsoever in the YAMAHA name and trademarks.
- JUNO Awards™, JUNO Award®, the JUNO Awards™ logo, JUNOS™, JUNO Fan Fare™, JUNO Songwriters’ Circle™ and related marks are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Used under licence. © 2017 The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences.